reviving vintage furniture with paint, stencils, wax, and more. Home decor.

Travel rather than paint

Leave a comment

You may or may not have noticed that I have been absent recently. Nothing new since I don’t post frequently here. 

I went on a trip. I went to NE Montana to see my first Grandchild Graduate from High School. But first I went to Washington state to my son’s house, and he & his family & myself made the trip to  together. It was a 20 hour drive with 5 people in the minivan. 3 driver’s was a great help, but we were all so exhausted. 

Upon leaving for MT, my son called Kody (his son, the graduate) to tell him we were going to be a day late. That was mean! Kody was sooo bummed. We made the drive with no further contact. Once we arrived in town where Kody lives, we called his mom. She sent him to the store for bacon and OJ. We went to their house, and his sister (my Granddaughter, Jazzy) hid, while the rest of us waited in the living room. 

Kody got back from the store and handed the bacon and juice to his mom as she was nodding for him to look in the living room. Kody didn’t catch on so his brother literally turned Kody’s head for him to look. He was super happy, his sad face went to happy instantly. Then as he hugged his dad, he was told to turn around again, and that is when he saw his sister. He had no idea Jazzy would get to come and he was so happy he cried every time he hugged her. Let me just say…there was not a dry eye in the house! That was probably one of the neatest things I have ever witnessed! 

We stayed a few hours visiting and then headed to our motel to check in and shower. As we were unloading the car, Jazzy noticed a man walking towards us and as I looked up, I recognized him too. It was my ex of 37 years! He has not been very involved with my son and his kids, Kody and Jazzy, but he made the drive from Washington state to NE Montana to see Kody graduate too. I was surprised, and thrilled for Kody. Even our son was not sure if his dad would be there so we all were rather surprised! 

Of course, once we saw Grandpa, we had to take him over to see Kody and give him this surprise too. We got to Kody’s house and he was in his bedroom. We called him out. As he came in to the living room, he had his cowboy boots in his hand. Jazzy encouraged Kody to go to the front door where his Grandpa was standing, waiting. As Kody came around the corner and saw his Grandpa standing there, he dropped his boots, and gave his Grandpa a huge hug. My Grandson had THE BIGGEST smile on his face! 

From there we all went out to Kody’s friends house where he got to do some target practice with his dad and Grandpa. It was very windy that day so it was not the best for target practice, but Kody was on Cloud 9 to have this special time with them. 

We dropped Kody off at home, and went back to the room for those showers. After a good night of sleep that was much needed after the long drive, we went to Kody’s house, then on to the school for his Big Moment. 

After Graduation, there were refreshments, etc. We left after that and went back to the room for awhile. Later that evening, everyone gathered at Kody’s Uncle John’s for a HUGE BBQ spread, lots of fun, pictures and good times. Someone smashed a cupcake in Kody’s face, and he did the same to his dad. It was a great time for all. We got back to the room around 10pm. Kody and his girlfriend came, his Grandpa came and we visited in the room for another hour or two. We finally sent our graduate home because he was clearly as tired as the rest of us. 

The next morning we had to pack up and check out of the room, then visited with our boy a few more hours before heading home again. We had to drive that 20 hour trip back, and Jazzy had to be home by Tuesday. 

Once back in Washington, I dropped Jazzy off at home and went to my daughter’s house to see her and her two girls. It was relaxing and dreamy there. My daughter works full time and the girls were still in school. I got there on a Tuesday, and came home the following Sunday. 

The drive from Washington to Eastern Oregon was one I dreaded, but it was an easy drive of only 7 hours! I came hme for the night, slept in my own bed, checked on my dogs n cats, then Monday morning (day before yesterday) I took my dad to Boise Idaho for surgery to get his pacemaker in. Of course mom came too, and I discovered just how delicate she is at this stage of dementia. She could easily get lost. I was extremely careful to keep an eye on her, and keep her close. I am one to normally walk a bit faster than mom can keep up with so was sure to slow my pace. 

Dad’s surgery went well. His pacemaker started pacing his heart almost immediately. This is very much needed. Prior to this surgery, he frequently blacked out or fainted. Mom and I spent the night in a very nice motel and enjoyed some bonding time. We took advantage of a free breakfast, then went back to the hospital, and dad was released soon after. As soon as he was out, I began the drive to get them home safely. We were home several hours earlier than we had anticipated. Once mom and dad were settled, I came home to my pets and things to do. 

Today I took mom grocery shopping, to he bank and to get her medications. In a little bit I will go get dad’s medications that were not ready when we were there earlier. I will make sure they are settled for the night and be free to come home and relax for the night.

Kody with his dad and GrandpaImageImage




Author: Bev

Just moved to an old Historic town in Oregon, to be closer to my elderly parents. Sharing a house with my brother that was built in 1890. I have two German Shepherds that love to walk, romp and play, swim and anything else as long as it is with me. My interests are in home decor, gardening, and remaking furniture by repairing, painting and breathing new life into it. Trying to learn all I can about blogging too!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s